23 November 2011

US

She remained in Joe’s Lunch Room
drinking coffee with love. Shepherds began
driving their flocks in the hope that turning inward
behind the walls of the moment,
when it seems most frightening, would bring us
the last handfuls of the harvest. I don’t understand how
I’m going to face fear with love. I don’t understand
how I’m going to balance the world. Do I wait
‘til someone says my name? Do you I let you drag me down
in the revolution while editing this vampire movie?

I went over to face the fear with a passing farmer,
and saw her and everyone as they stood silently
around the grave, thinking of the wet earth.
I’d rather fall myself than chase you
around the field, or let you drag me down
in the hope it gives us, that the world might offer us
a pipe. I’ve forgotten everything about you,
I’ve forgotten the fields all stretched out. I’ve forgotten
the road from Jerusalem to Jericho.

(November 19, 2011)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home